Asia Lead Product Design
March 2021 – Present
Industry Job Portal
Head of Digital Product UI UX
January 2020 – February 2021
PT Smartfren Telecom TBK
Digital Telco (Web environment)
As the Head of UI UX for Digital Product department, I oversee all aspects of UI UX design. Setting the strategic strategy plan to achieve the business objective. Work with designers to create user, wire-flows for both web and mobile web. Work with the visual design and UI UX design teams to produce a usable experience catering to the needs of our users.
- Lead & Drive designs from conception to completion, including discovery, developing rough mockups and high-fidelity designs.
- Research and apply the thinking around design, information architecture, and data visualization through workshops.
- Design information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Ensured that digital properties and channels follow industry standards and best practices with regard to accessibility, usability, mobile optimization, and page weight.
- Established a new UI UX process and strategy to accommodate the Business Digital Transformation.
- Redesigned the product’s landing and onboarding page – Reduced bounce rate to ±32% from previously ±53%. Conversion rate increased to 3%. Press: https://bit.ly/34c8C1P
Specialist, UI UX
November 2017 – December 2019
Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
Digi Design Language (DDL)
Design Language serves as a design guideline for internal project teams or partners to provide a consistent user experience across all Digi digital channels.
Digi’s website: CCCP (Content Commerce Channel Platform)
Managing and leading UI UX and overseeing the creative direction of Digi’s website.
- Personas, user scenarios, UX specs, user flows, wireframes, site maps, storyboards, taxonomies, mockups, prototypes, accessibility, visual design and design patterns, typography, and typeface.
MSA (Mobile Sales App)
Internal app for dealer & agent.
- Wireframes, user journey & flow, usability testing.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile manner with a team to do user research and
gather data pertaining to user-related feedback and suggestions.
- Present and rationalize design conceptions to peers & stakeholders.
- Led and explored a new UI to cater to the new framework (React Native).
One place to manage all your entertainment and lifestyle subscriptions.
- Wearing the hat for crafting the experiences where we took a crucial focus on the Mobile-first approach.
- Running on Agile way of work, work collaboratively with Business, Product and
- Strategies new strategy for fresh new look and experience for www.digi.com.my
- Built the first Digi‘s Design Language to strengthen the level of harmony and
consistency in digital touchpoint – Saw an improvement in efficiency and reduced cost of the development.
Manager, UI UX Design
March 2015 – November 2017
Celcom Planet Sdn Bhd
Role in Web platform
- Draft user stories, personas, storyboard and flows from requirements.
- Production of wireframes, interaction models, information architecture, visual design.
- Help define and gather UX requirements from stakeholders/ business owners and drive innovative solutions.
- Deliver well-optimized UI set of assets that are performant on device.
- Working closely with Product Management, Publisher and Developer to implement
the best output.
Role in Mobile App & Web
Primary role is to improve UI, UX of mobile web and app interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS & Android.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process.
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test,
release, and maintenance.
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
- Created UI style guide documentation.
Senior Web Designer
January 2014 – February 2015
Extreme Broadband Sdn Bhd
Internet Service Provider
- Enhanced company presence with an innovative web design that translated across all mediums.
- Orchestrated a strategic web informational architectural design to improve the user experience.
- Prepares low-fidelity prototypes of sites/features (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brainstorming.
- Accountable for redesigned company website, creating wireframes and layout ready for RWD (responsive web design).
Co-Founder & UI UX Designer
2011 – 2013
Industry Design Agency
Co-founded a small design agency. Created with an ambition to further challenge myself on the entrepreneurship lane. To enhance my credibility through understanding Primary focus on leading the UI direction and responsible for crafting digital experiences.
During these years I also founded 2 small startups:
1. BePrime (Classified marketplace)
2. Fave.my (Malaysia handmade marketplace)
P/S: Fun fact, I did own the domain – Unfortunately project didn’t work out. Later today’s fave bought the domain.
Web designer & Frontend developer
2010 – 2011
MC Adventura Sdn Bhd
Industry Design Agency
Started out as a web design freelancer, later converted into a permanent role. Mainly working on creating the web comps, translating it over a working HTML, CSS files.